Make That – Leonard Cohen WAS Coming To Hawaii
In anticipation of the first ever Leonard Cohen performance in Hawaii on December 4, 2010,1 Heck Of A Guy has developed a brief introductory video that organically melds images from the contemporary Leonard Cohen World Tour with the ancient, traditional music we all instinctively associate with the Hawaiian Islands.
Update: A few hours after this video was posted, the Hawaii concert was canceled. The following announcement was found at LeonardCohenForum:
Regrettably, AEG Live has announced the cancellation of Leonard Cohen’s previously scheduled December 4th performance in Honolulu, Hawaii due to prohibitive and insurmountable logistical issues. However, newly added dates have been scheduled in Vancouver, BC and Oakland, CA to round out the artist’s final dates of his current world tour.
The final concert dates now scheduled follow:
Dec 2 Rogers Arena Vancouver, BC
Dec 5 Paramount Theatre Oakland, CA
Dec 6 Paramount Theatre Oakland, CA
Dec 8 Rose Garden Theater of the Clouds Portland, OR
Dec10 The Colosseum at Caesars Palace Las Vegas, NV
Dec11 The Colosseum at Caesars Palace Las Vegas, NV
Ah, no one tells me nothing until it’s too late.
- The Honolulu Concert is special not only because it is the first Leonard Cohen show on the islands but also because it is the first of the four concerts that, for Leonard Cohen fans are
The End Of The World
- December 4, 2010: Honolulu
- December 8, 2010: Portland Oregon
- December 10, 2010: Las Vegas
- December 11, 2010: Las Vegas [↩]