Happy Birthday, Leonard
Judy Green of Sweet Cottage Charm, perhaps inspired by the recently featured posts, Leonard Cohen Celebrates 76th Birthday With Marseille Concert and The Ten Most Seductive Leonard Cohen Songs: #1 to #5 and #6 to #10, writes to point out a photo from Ira Nadel’s “Various Positions,” of Leonard Cohen, according to the caption, “celebrating his 45th birthday on the Greek Island of Hydra with a friend from Romania.’
Or Just For The Heck Of IT
Heck Of A Guy readers may recognize the “Romanian friend” from this similar photo appearing in “Leonard Cohen” by John Walsh from the September 1994 issue of Mojo, which can be found at The Best Leonard Cohen Article You’ve Never Read – At Least Not Recently. Online. Probably.
In addition to the image of Leonard & friend, that article also features
- Leonard Cohen’s recommendation for universal conscription
- His admission that he played barn dance music
- His denial that he wore gingham skirts
- The Cohen CV: Office Worker, Elevator Operator, Short Story Writer
- Leonard Cohen’s confession that he taunted Phil Spector’s bodyguard:You’re a motherfucking pussycat. You don’t even known how to use that [gun]3
- His report of an encounter with Nico: Nico hauled off and hit me so hard it lifted me clean off the bed
- A picture of Joni Mitchell embracing him in 1967
Bonus: Leonard Cohen’s Furniture
OK, Leonard Cohen has previously declared that he finds a good wooden table “voluptuous.”1 So, who noticed the voluptuous table in each of these photos?