The 2011 Leonard Cohen Calendar: June
The June offering of the 2011 Leonard Cohen Calendar Project.1 is displayed above. (Click on image for best viewing)
Leonard Cohen Calendar Pertinent Dates:2 June:
- June 1, 2007: Book Of Longing by Philip Glass premiers at Toronto’s Luminato Festival
- June 3, 2007: Drawn To Words exhibition of Leonard Cohen’s art premiers At Drabinsky Gallery in Toronto
- June 5, 2006: Blue Alert album released in Europe
- June 17, 2010: Leonard Cohen inducted into Songwriter Hall of Fame, New York
- June 23, 2006: Leonard Cohen: I’m Your Man documentary released
- June 28, 2003: First Hal Willner Came So Far for Beauty tribute takes place in Prospect Park, Brooklyn
Also in June (no date known):
- 1992: Leonard Cohen awarded Honorary Doctor of Letters by McGill University
The Photo: June 2011
This month’s photo was originally posted at Heck Of A Guy in October 2010 at A Festival Of Sights & Sounds From The October 4, 2010 Leonard Cohen Katowice Concert. The description from that entry is still pertinent today:
Leonard Cohen And The Rose Of Katowice: If there were a competition among concerts for Most Compellingly Romantic Photograph, this shot of Leonard Cohen, the 76 year old Canadian singer-songwriter, holding a long stem rose while performing in Katowice Poland would surely be the prohibitive favorite.
This iconic photo was taken by Gwen Langford.
Download And Print June 2011 Leonard Cohen Calendar
1. Right-click on the appropriate link below and then choose “Open link in new window” or “Open link in new tab” to open the download service page in a new window or tab (left clicking on the links may open the download service page in this same window; in that case, click the “Back” arrow on your browser to return to this post):
Note: This photo is in color and may benefit from being printed in color. This month, a second version of the calendar, adjusted for black and white printing, is provided and may (or may not) produce a higher quality image on some non-color printers.
2. On the download service page that opens, click on this image:
The calendar portion of the image has blue accents with the events in blue text and holidays in red text, all of which show up, of course, as black when printed in black in white. This month’s photo is in color and may benefit from being printed in color but also presents well in black and white.
Opening the JPG file produces an image that should print as-is on a standard (American) 8.5″ X 11″ sheet of paper with a standard laser or ink-jet printer with standard margins and settings by selecting “File – Print” or hitting “Control + P.” [Let’s pause here to allow for mordant snickering.] Your mileage may vary, and adjustments may be necessary. All 2011 Leonard Cohen Calendar Project offerings are configured in the same format so once the settings on your printer with your paper produce the desired result, those settings should also work for future calendars.
Previously Published Leonard Cohen Calendar Project Monthly Postings
All published calendars can be found at Leonard Cohen Calendar Project.
- Each month the Heck Of A Guy 2011 Leonard Cohen Calendar Project features a photo and annotated dates pertinent to Leonard Cohen. These monthly calendars are typically made available for download at Heck Of A Guy during the last half of the preceding month. All published calendars can be found at Leonard Cohen Calendar Project. [↩]
- “Pertinent Dates” is a deliberately ambiguous category operationally defined as dates I find that seem important or interesting relative to Leonard Cohen. The current plan calls for the calendar to include major Jewish holidays but not national or other religious holidays. This is a pragmatic decision; a calendar that listed all Jewish, Catholic, Buddhist, Canadian, and American holidays would be overwhelming. Compiling this list is proving no simple task; readers are urged to recommend Cohen-pertinent dates by email or in the comments. [↩]