Leonard Cohen’s First Recorded Performance: Montreal – April 8, 1958
- Allison Crowe Cinematic Debut In “Man Of Steel” – June 14, 2013
- DrHGuy, Duchess Steel Themselves For Leonard Cohen Research Expedition To Hilton Head
- Bowl Autographed By Leonard Cohen For Winnipeg Harvest 2013 Empty Bowl Celebrity Auction
- “Most people say there’s a conflict between the spirit and the body, but I don’t inhabit that kind of intellectual commentary.” Leonard Cohen
- “Memories” By Leonard Cohen Covered In Comics Format By Nate McDonough
- Sony Launches Stealth Leonard Cohen Box Set From The Netherlands
- Signs Of Leonard Cohen: Barcelona – May 15, 1993
- “The guy [in 'The Captain'] says, ‘I didn’t risk my life for some country western song.’ By the end…if he is not exactly converted to country music, he is converted to certain values that exist in country music, like the notion of manly self defense.” Leonard Cohen
- Leonard Cohen As Nintendo Character
- Signs Of Leonard Cohen: Rotterdam – Sept 18, 2013
2013 Best Of Leonard Cohen Tour Video Setlist Online
50 Shades Of Leonard Cohen
The Man: Leonard Cohen
The Book: Fifty Shades Of Grey
This Is The Video That Had To Be Made
78 Things To Celebrate About Leonard Cohen On His 78th Birthday
All posts in this series are listed at 78 Things To Celebrate About Leonard Cohen On His 78th Birthday: The Summary Page
Leonard Cohen Timeline
The events of Leonard Cohen's life and career are marked on a timeline accompanied by audio and video recordings of Cohen's songs and poems as well as links to more information.
Do I Have To Dance All Night Surpasses 70,000 Views
"Do I Have To Dance All Night" was performed many times in concerts but was never released in the US.
As part of my crusade to popularize this song, I've cobbled together 2 videos - one for the semi-funky 1976 version with Laura Branigan and one for the 1980 more gypsy, less disco version - that kinda sorta fit the music.
As of Dec 19, 2012, the video of the 1976 version of Do I Have To Dance All Night has been viewed 70,152 times.
The 1980 version has been viewed 16,458 times.
See both versions at
Both videos include links to keys to the sources of the clips and the identities of the backup singers and others who are featured.
The complete story of "Do I Have To Dance All Night" is available at The Best Leonard Cohen Song You've Never Heard (Probably)
Leonard Cohen Tour Highlights Videos
Heck Of A Guy offers 3 videos of clips and photos from The Leonard Cohen World Tour:
1. The Original Heck Of A Guy Dear Leonard Cohen - Thanks For The Tour. I Hope It Was Good For You, Too. Video Celebration Of The First 14 Months Of The 2008-2009 World Tour can be viewed at
Thanks For The Tour
2. A video, focusing on the Summer 2009 concerts can be seen at Thanks Again For The Tour - The Encore Video
3. The highlight video celebrating the Fall 2009 USA concert series is online at Thanks, Leonard Cohen, For Coming To The USA - Video Celebration
You May Be A Leonard Cohen Fan If …
The Cohen Fandemic
Endemic for decades in areas such as Canada, Norway, Poland, and France, Leonard Cohen Fan Syndrome has become a world-wide epidemic in the past 2 years, spread by the Leonard Cohen World Tour and abetted by proselyting carriers despite efforts by authorities to quarantine these individuals at LeonardCohenForum.
Based on the observations of DrHGuy, standardized criteria for the pertinent Axis II diagnosis are now available at
In addition to the formal medical description of this diagnosis, Heck Of A Guy has also compiled a list of the aberrant behaviors which indicate one is at high risk for being a full-fledged fan of Leonard Cohen. These signs and symptoms can be found at
All You May Be A Leonard Cohen Fan If … entries
can be found at the
You May Be A Leonard Cohen Fan If … Page
Leonard Cohen’s Elegy For Janis Joplin – Chelsea Hotel #1
This video features the first version of the song Leonard Cohen would later revise into "Chelsea Hotel #2" along with images of Leonard Cohen, Janis Joplin - whose liaison with Cohen at the Chelsea Hotel led to the creation of the song, the Hotel itself, and other associated people & places.
Viewed over 91,825 times as of April 16, 2013
Leonard Cohen “Old Ideas” Album Released
Special Compilation Video – A Thousand Kisses Deep
This composite of Leonard Cohen’s recitations of “A Thousand Kisses Deep” over the years is accompanied by a video montage of drawings by and photos of the Canadian singer-songwriter.
Video – Leonard Cohen Recites “God Is Alive, Magic Is Afoot”
Leonard Cohen recites the "God Is Alive; Magic Is Afoot" passage from "Beautiful Losers" which was later popularized by Buffy Sainte-Marie. Cohen's performance took place in 1967.
Baby, Take Off Your Shoes
Heck Of A Guy offers, with assistance from Randy Newman and Etta James, the writer and performer, respectively, of "You Can Leave Your Hat On," a look at Leonard Cohen As Hunk.
Leonard Cohen Galleries
Photos of or related to Leonard Cohen that fall into specific themes have been among the ongoing features at DrHGuy, HOAG's sibling site. Galleries displaying collected images of 3 of these themes are now available at
Signs Of Leonard Cohen
Leonard Cohen posters, ads, marquees, banners, ...
L Cohen – Smokey Life
Images associated with Leonard Cohen’s history of smoking
Shades Of Leonard Cohen
Shots of Leonard Cohen and his musicians with sunglasses
Leonard Cohen On Tattoos
Tattoos inspired by Leonard Cohen
Kissing CohenLeonard Cohen kissing and being kissed
All Cohen photo categories are listed at The Leonard Cohen Photo Categories Page
Winter Lady – The Joni Mitchell & Leonard Cohen Versions
In 1966 Joni Mitchell wrote and sang a song called "Winter Lady." In 1967, the year Mitchell and Cohen had their romantic fling, Leonard Cohen wrote and sang a different song that was also called "Winter Lady."
A comparison of these 2 songs as well as a video that includes each artist performing his or her version of "Winter Lady" can be found at
Best Of Leonard Cohen
L Cohen In A Parallel, Funnier Universe
- Oh My Cohen! They're Calling Us A Cult
- 10 Unbelievable Secrets About Leonard Cohen
- The PowerPoint Version Of First We Take Manhattan
- How To Tell If You're At A Cohen Or A Springsteen Concert
- New & Improved Leonard Cohen Lyrics
- New & Improved Leonard Cohen Concerts
- Leonard Cohen Brand Cologne: Indifference
- The "I Unified Heart Leonard Cohen" T-shirt
- Leonard Cohen Finds Love - Quiescently Frozen On A Stick
- Leonard Cohen World Tour ON ICE - New Marketing Strategy For Florida Shows
- Leonard Cohen Rehearsal Video - New Finale For Last New York Concert
- Line Dancing to The Future
- First We Take Manhattan, Then We Go Vegas - The Leonard Cohen Girls! Girls! Girls! Las Vegas Revue
- The Miracle Of The Holy Cohen Breadroll
- Throwing In The Leonard Cohen (Beach) Towel
- Anjani CD Remains Blue - But Is It Still Alert?
- Best Of Leonard Cohen World Tour 2008-2009
- Baby, Baby, Baby - Leonard Cohen & Anjani Sing The Blues In Norway
Easily Missed Songs
- The 2008 Leonard Cohen Field Guide
- Leonard Cohen's List Of Pharmaceuticals Joke & His Not At All Funny Depression
- Notes On The 2008 Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame Induction
- Inductees Enter Wrong Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Hall
- Gracious, That's Leonard Cohen - Part 1
- Gracious, That's Leonard Cohen - Part 2
- Leonard Cohen, Iggy Pop, and The Woman Who Knew Exactly What She Wanted
- The Do-se-do Guy In Leonard Cohen's First Band
At The Movies & On TV
- Women Disrobe While Leonard Cohen Music Plays - Yet, Something Feels Wrong
- Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah - Mood Music For Watchmen SuperHeroic Sex Scene
- Leonard Cohen, Miami Vice Guest Star
- Take This Waltz in The Gin Game, Part 1
- Take This Waltz in The Gin Game, Part 2
- Understanding Leonard Cohen's Take This Waltz
Cohen Reference Pages
- A Leonard Cohen Primer
- L Cohen Article - Mojo 9/94
- Leonard Cohen Nicknames
- Leonard Cohen Lookalikes
- L Cohen Lyrics - Word Trees
- L Cohen Lyrics - Tag Cloud
- L Cohen Lyrics - Wordle
Also see Leonard Cohen Search, a Leonard Cohen-focused Custom Search Engine & Reference Index
Tactics & Strategies
Weddings & Such
- Protection From (My) Marriage For A Small Fee
- A Heck Of A [Warm-Up] Guy
- Essential Wedding Rules No One Else Will Tell You
- Essential, Secret Wedding Rules – Part 2
- Mother Of The Bride Wedding Toast
- A Wise Man Once Said – Avoid This Wedding Toast
- Wedding Announcements Made Unique
- CNN Discloses; Man Composes, Proposes
- My Mother's Incredibly Christian Clock
- Angelic T&A — Not
- If Mom Were Muslim
- Mom, This Is The Blog – Blog, This Is My Mother
Funny As A Broken Hip
Photos: 2013 Leonard Cohen Tour
Next Leonard Cohen Concert: Paris – June 18, 2013
Never Released Recording: Leonard Cohen Live At Brighton Dome 1979
Download this hitherto unknown private taping of 14 songs and a poem performed by Leonard Cohen on Dec 15. 1979 at the Dome Theatre in Brighton.
Heck – Subscribe
Leonard Cohen Performs The Guests For 1st Time In 27 Yrs
Earliest Live Recording Of Suzanne
DrHGuy On Twitter – Tweet On A Wire
Leonard Cohen Jukebox
Over 35 tunes performed by Dylan, Janis Joplin, Ray Charles, Elvis Presley, Patsy Cline, Otis Redding, Chuck Berry, The Platters, Joni Mitchell, George Jones, Roy Orbison, Elvis Presley, Jay-Z, and other musicians.
Read what Cohen said about them and listen to the music at
NEW: Leonard Cohen’s Jukebox Video Playlists
Composed of tracks from Leonard Cohen’s Jukebox, the Jukebox Playlists are an alternative to listening to the songs one at a time
Search Heck Of A Guy
Best of Leonard Cohen at Prince of Asturias Awards In Oviedo
Watch Leonard Cohen's "How I Got My Song" speech with no Spanish overdubbing whatsoever and read a direct English transcript of the talk:
For an in-depth perspective on this monumental speech, see
Photos, Videos, & More
See photos of Leonard Cohen's arrival in Oviedo, the opening of Leonard Cohen: The B-Side - Drawings And Engravings Of A Multidisciplinary Artist, his speech and press conference, his tribute conference, the lost and found Famous Blue Sharpie, and more at:
Note: Almost all HeckOfAGuy and DrHGuy posts contain different content.
And We’re Still Making Love In My Secret Life – Julie’s Story & Video
... I never had a chance. I was - and this is the only word that fits - smitten. I still am.
She was smart and quick-witted, although it would take me 3 years to recognize that she was, in fact, much smarter than me, and then another 2 years to forgive her for that. She was also good-looking and unabashedly sexy.
And, we fell madly, irredeemably, unflinchingly in love.
Complementing the unlikely story of how Julie and I met, fell in love, and - 9 years, 2 husbands, 1 wife, and 2 careers later - got together to spend an outrageously wonderful 20 years together before her death, a video, set to the poignant "In My Secret Life" by Leonard Cohen and Sharon Robinson, is now available that evokes the role Julie, who died 10 years ago, continues to play in my life.
The written account of the story (think When Harry Met Sally meets Waiting For Godot) starts, appropriately, at This Is How A Love Story Began
The video can be found at And We’re Still Making Love In My Secret Life - A Video For Julie
Leonard Cohen’s Tastes
Clicking on Taste of LC - Heck Of A Guy and Taste of LC - DrHGuy finds posts from those sites that feature Leonard Cohen's choices in furniture, clothing (including suits, fedoras, caps, berets, other hats, boots and other footwear, swimsuits, and in at least one case cut-offs), art, jewelry, food, books, magazines, alcohol, tobacco, firearms, ... - all of which offer a different perspective on Leonard Cohen.
These posts may also be pertinent to style:
Another Leonard Cohen Favourite Game
The Other Leonard Cohen Album Is #24 On Uncut’s Greatest Bootlegs
Leonard Cohen Album
This Heck Of A Guy compilation includes unreleased Leonard Cohen performances over a 30+ year period.
Track List: Vol 1
1. Feels So Good (The Other Blues Song)
2. Book Of Longing
3. The Darkness
6. Do I Have to Dance All Night (1976)
7. Blues By The Jews
Track List: Vol 2
1. Red River Valley
2. Never Got To Love You (Duet with Anjani)
3. Can't Help Falling In Love
4. Ride Around
5. The Union Makes Us Strong
6. We Shall Not Be Moved
7. To Love Somebody
8. The Hypnotist (Poem)
9. Chelsea Hotel #1
10. There's No Reason Why You Should Remember Me
11. Streets Of Laredo
12. Do I Have To Dance All Night (1980)
More information and MP3 downloads are available at Now Available - The Other Leonard Cohen Album
Leonard Cohen Album
Now, Another Other Leonard Cohen Album, the second collection of unreleased Leonard Cohen songs joins the popular The Other Leonard Cohen Album to offer fans of the iconic singer-songwriter a total of 3 CDs of musical treats. Another Other Leonard Cohen Album includes the following tracks plus liner notes by Sylvie Simmons.
1. Je Veux Vivre Tout Seul
2. Kevin Barry
3. Die Gedanken Sind Frei
4. Store Room
5. As Time Goes By
6. Don’t Go Home with Your Hard-on
7. Blessed is the Memory
8. Silent Night
9. Dead Song
10. Another Saturday Night
11. Ballad of the Absent Mare
13. The Butcher
14. Un As Der Rebbe Singt
15. Song to the Machines
16. If It Be Your Will
17. Thirsty for the Kiss
18. A Thousand Kisses Deep
19. I Tried To Leave You
20. Whither Thou Goest
21. Mr Cohen Must Be Going
More information and MP3 downloads are available at Presenting Another Other Leonard Cohen Album
We Love Leonard Cohen Birthday Video
Heck Of A Guy celebrates Leonard Cohen’s 77th birthday (September 21, 2011) with a video of scenes from Leonard Cohen’s life and photos of fans expressing their affection for Mr. Cohen, all set to “I Love Leonard Cohen” by Robin Grey.
Previous Leonard Cohen Birthday Videos
- Leonard Cohen At 75 Viewed Over 15,000 Times: a video montage of favorite scenes featuring the singer-songwriter, poet, and icon set to "They Can't Take That Away From Me."
- Leonard Cohen At 76: a celebration of Leonard Cohen with favorite photos and videos set to Bob Dylan's "Forever Young:"
Video – Jennifer Warnes’ Way Down Deep & Leonard Cohen’s A Thousand Kisses Deep
The video begins with Jennifer Warnes singing the gorgeous but routinely overlooked "Way Down Deep," which is followed by Leonard Cohen's recitation of "A Thousand Kisses Deep" in Dublin to juxtapose the earliest performed precursor of Cohen's now classic "A Thousand Kisses Deep" with the most recent version.
Chocolodka – The Quintessential Chocolate Vodka
For instructions for making the original Chocolodka as well as information about and recipes using Chocolodka, see
Leonard Cohen & Joni Mitchell? Yes, They Were
Joni Mitchell and Leonard Cohen had a fling in the 1960s that, for unspecified reasons, was short-lived, with Cohen instigating the parting.
It was then and is now a complex connection. In 1988, Cohen said, I'm still very friendly with Joni - I had dinner with her before the tour, and I have the same admiration for her as you do. But I think it was Noel Harrison who came up to me in the LA Troubadour and said "How do you like living with Beethoven?"
The full story is at Leonard Cohen and Joni Mitchell: Just One Of Those Things
The 60 Second Leonard Cohen World Tour Video
That's right - the entire 2008-2010 Leonard Cohen World Tour, including the events that triggered the Tour, have been compressed into one 60 second video.
Anjani – Leonard Cohen Duets & Anjani Montage
Unreleased music from Anjani's performances in Warsaw, Poland and Joe's Pub, New York.
- Whither Thou Goest (Warsaw Concert)
- Never Got To Love You (Warsaw Concert)
- Leonard Cohen and Anjani Duets Video (Joe's Pub, NY)
The Anjani Birthday Montage includes selections of favorites, especially songs from the Blue Alert album.
The review of Anjani's Blue Alert album is found at Blue Alert - A Recommendation That Will Make You Want To Kiss Me
Other important Anjani links: