Leonard Cohen’s Jukebox Playlist – Part 1 [No Cohen Covers]
Today’s offering, Leonard Cohen’s Jukebox Playlist – Part 1 [No Covers], can also be accessed on YouTube at Leonard Cohen’s Jukebox Playlist – Part 1
Tracks: Leonard Cohen’s Jukebox Playlist – Part 1
The links below go to the original posts about these songs, including documentation of Leonard Cohen’s approbation of them.
- “Blueberry Hill” – Fats Domino
- “Unchained Melody” – Righteous Brothers
- “Your Cheatin’ Heart” – Hank Wilson
- “Piece Of My Heart” – Janis Joplin
- “Tomorrow Never Knows” - The Beatles
- “Cold Hard Truth” – George Jones
- “House Without Windows” - Roy Orbison
- “Tangled Up In Blue” - Bob Dylan
- “Waltzing Matilda” – Tom Waits
- “Je ne regrette rien” – Edith Piaf
- “I Fall To Pieces” – Patsy Cline
- “The Grand Tour” – George Jones
- “I And I” – Bob Dylan
- “Gloomy Sunday ” - Billie Holiday
- “Concierto de Aranjuez” - John Williams
- “The Great Pretender” – The Platters
Leonard Cohen’s Jukebox – The Playlists
Leonard Cohen’s Jukebox Video Playlists are composed of tracks from Leonard Cohen’s Jukebox and presented as an alternative to listening to the songs one at a time.
Ongoing readers will be familiar with this introduction to the Leonard Cohen’s Jukebox series of posts at Heck Of A Guy:
Biggest Influence on My Music – The jukebox. I lived beside jukeboxes all through the fifties. … I never knew who was singing. I never followed things that way. I still don’t. I wasn’t a student of music; I was a student of the restaurant I was in — and the waitresses. The music was a part of it. I knew what number the song was.
- Leonard Cohen (Yakety Yak by Scott Cohen, 1994)
Leonard Cohen’s Jukebox: Over the years, Leonard Cohen has mentioned a number of specific songs he favors. Leonard Cohen’s Jukebox is a Heck Of A Guy feature that began collecting these tunes for the edification and entertainment of viewers on April 4, 2009. All posts in the Leonard Cohen’s Jukebox series can be found at the Leonard Cohen’s Jukebox Page.
Because there are over 30 songs in this series, they are divided into three playlists: