Credit Due Department: Photo by meghan_farrell via Instagram
Next Leonard Cohen Show: Christchurch – Dec 14, 2013
- “There are evil forces in the world ready to imperialise religion but I’m confident the forces of good are stronger” Leonard Cohen
- Signs Of Leonard Cohen: Vienna 2013
- Leonard Cohen As Drawn By Maritz
- Signs Of Leonard Cohen: The “Second & Final Show” – Melbourne 2009
- “I was drawn to those intense experiences, and obsessed with those intense experiences [with women] for much of my life, but I can’t say I really enjoyed them… I generally gave myself a bad review.” Leonard Cohen
- Recommended Reading: Leonard Cohen And McCabe & Mrs. Miller
- Leonard Cohen, Henri Matisse, and Dance Me To The End Of Love
- Photos From Dec 11, 2013 Leonard Cohen Adelaide Concert: Leonard Cohen, Neil Larsen, Alex Bublitchi
- “With his golden voice Cohen growled out I’m Your Man, making it sound sexier than any 79-year-old should be able to, and for tonight he truly was Sydney’s man…This master wordsmith gave Sydney a lesson in showmanship, modesty and, of course, lyrical ability.”
- Video: 2013 Leonard Cohen Geelong Concert – Who By Fire
2013 Best Of Leonard Cohen Tour Video Setlist Online
50 Shades Of Leonard Cohen
The Man: Leonard Cohen
The Book: Fifty Shades Of Grey
This Is The Video That Had To Be Made
Leonard Cohen Timeline
The events of Leonard Cohen's life and career are marked on a timeline accompanied by audio and video recordings of Cohen's songs and poems as well as links to more information.
Do I Have To Dance All Night Surpasses 70,000 Views
"Do I Have To Dance All Night" was performed many times in concerts but was never released in the US.
As part of my crusade to popularize this song, I've cobbled together 2 videos - one for the semi-funky 1976 version with Laura Branigan and one for the 1980 more gypsy, less disco version - that kinda sorta fit the music.
As of Dec 19, 2012, the video of the 1976 version of Do I Have To Dance All Night has been viewed 70,152 times.
The 1980 version has been viewed 16,458 times.
See both versions at
Both videos include links to keys to the sources of the clips and the identities of the backup singers and others who are featured.
The complete story of "Do I Have To Dance All Night" is available at The Best Leonard Cohen Song You've Never Heard (Probably)
Leonard Cohen’s Elegy For Janis Joplin – Chelsea Hotel #1
This video features the first version of the song Leonard Cohen would later revise into "Chelsea Hotel #2" along with images of Leonard Cohen, Janis Joplin - whose liaison with Cohen at the Chelsea Hotel led to the creation of the song, the Hotel itself, and other associated people & places.
Viewed over 120,000 times as of Nov 15, 2013
Leonard Cohen & Joni Mitchell? Yes, They Were
Joni Mitchell and Leonard Cohen had a fling in the 1960s that, for unspecified reasons, was short-lived, with Cohen instigating the parting.
It was then and is now a complex connection. In 1988, Cohen said, I'm still very friendly with Joni - I had dinner with her before the tour, and I have the same admiration for her as you do. But I think it was Noel Harrison who came up to me in the LA Troubadour and said "How do you like living with Beethoven?"
The full story is at Leonard Cohen and Joni Mitchell: Just One Of Those Things
Leonard Cohen Galleries
Photos of or related to Leonard Cohen that fall into specific themes have been among the ongoing features at DrHGuy, HOAG's sibling site. Galleries displaying collected images of 3 of these themes are now available at
Animated Leonard Cohen
The largest - and only - curated collection of Cohen-associated animated images
Signs Of Leonard Cohen
Leonard Cohen posters, ads, marquees, banners, ...
L Cohen – Smokey Life
Images associated with Leonard Cohen’s history of smoking
Shades Of Leonard Cohen
Shots of Leonard Cohen and his musicians with sunglasses
Leonard Cohen On Tattoos
Tattoos inspired by Leonard Cohen
Leonard Cohen kissing and being kissed
All Cohen photo categories are listed at The Leonard Cohen Photo Categories Page